Albertina in Vienna has recently acquired on permanent loan two significant collections of Impressionist and early 20th-century art. The original collection was created by Duke Albert with the Genoese count Giacomo Durazzo, the Austrian ambassador in Venice. In early 1919, ownership of both the building and the collection passed from the Habsburgs to the Republic of Austria. In 1920 the collection of prints and drawings was united with the collection of the former imperial court library. The name Albertina was established in 1921. In March 1945, the Albertina was heavily damaged by Allied bomb attacks. The building was rebuilt in the years after the war and was completely refurbished and modernized from 1998 to 2003.